Whether you have a small baby or a large brood of kids, having professional photos taken of your family is a popular and meaningful thing to do. A well executed family portrait can be a cherished keepsake that you can hang in your home, keep in your wallet or turn into a lovely 3D crystal gift. Portraits and 3D crystals make the perfect gifts for grandparents, relatives and other loved ones, not to mention they look lovely in your own lounge, bedroom or office – providing you choose a great photographer.
Choosing the best photographer for your family can be a daunting task, and so here is a list of the top five things to look for in a family photographer.
- Reputation – As with many service providers, word of mouth is key when it comes to photography. Ask your friends, family and colleagues for recommendations, and don’t just take their word for it – ask to look at the results.
- Personal Style – You might be after a very traditional portrait, or want something a lot more wild and creative. Ensure that you ask any potential photographer about their style, and ask to see their complete portfolio.
- Pet friendly – If you want to include your furry family members in your portrait, ensure that your photographer has experience with animals and is comfortable working with them.
- Discuss details – Creativity is important, but so too is customer service. Ensure that you specifically agree on time frame, the number of prints you will receive and retouching.
- Price – Photographers with different skill levels and equipment quality will charge different rates, and so finding one in your price range is important. Ensure that you agree on a price you can afford.